Integrated Logistics Hub Airfreight Interface Concept
The Western Parkland City Authority will:
In early 2022:
- share insights from the RFI with all participants and the wider community.
- invite all participants in the RFI to a subsequent event to support industry and landowner connections to advance ideas of mutual interest.
- continue to work with participants and/or registered parties to facilitate connections between these parties.
What is the 'ILH Airfreight Interface Concept'?
Put simply, the ILH Airfreight Interface Concept contemplates what is needed between the landside ILH envisaged in the Agribusiness-Precinct, in the Aerotropolis and the airside Cargo Precinct within the WSI gate.
To unlock the full potential of the 24/7 curfew-free Airport, based on international research, this means:
- seamless connectivity from the ILH envisaged in the Agribusiness Precinct, and/or other ILHs in the Aerotropolis and the Western Parkland City, to the WSI Cargo Precinct entry and exit point, on the recently upgraded Northern Road
- dedicated and tailored facilities and processes for businesses across NSW, that can best optimise first and last mile airfreight movements for cold chain, ambient and live commodities.
With regard to any information, data, research or other documents provided by WPCA in connection with this RFI,
- the WPCA makes this available on the understanding that recipients exercise their own skill and care with respect to its use and are responsible for forming their own independent judgements, interpretations, conclusions and deductions; and
- gives no warranty and makes no representation whether expressed or implied, that the information contained in this RFI or otherwise provided by the WPCA, or on the WPCA's behalf, is error free;
- confirms that the research referenced in section 1.2.4 of this RFI is not an endorsed position of the NSW Government or the WPCA.
Before relying on the research in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their circumstances.
- ILH Airfreight Interface Concept Report - September 2021 (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- 'An invitation to share your ideas' (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Western City Aerotropolis Integrated Logistics Hub Scoping Study - July 2020 (PDF, 7.9 MB)