The WPCA is the NSW Government agency responsible for delivering, coordinating and attracting investment to the Western Parkland City. A key component of this work is the delivery of Bradfield City Centre along with more strategic work such as the preparation of a Blueprint and Economic Development Strategy for the Western Parkland City.
In July 2020, it was announced that the Western Parkland City Authority was being established to bring a new focus on expansive collaboration between local, state and federal government across the entire Western Parkland City. This expanded the remit of the Western Parkland City Authority (formerly the Western City & Aerotropolis Authority) to the entire Western Parkland City.
The WPCA’s role is to work closely with the eight Western Parkland City councils (Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Liverpool, Penrith and Wollondilly), multiple state and Commonwealth departments, business, higher education institutions, landholders and the community.
Our focus is to realise the enormous opportunity presented by the Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport and the $20 billion-plus City Deal – a trilateral government investment already earmarked for the City.
We do this by taking a holistic and collaborative approach to achieve the best possible outcomes in infrastructure, liveability, investment, job growth and sustainability for business and communities.
Chief Executive Officer
- Executive Director, Development & Place: Peter Anderson
- Chief City Planner: Stephanie Barker
- Executive Director, Governance: Lyndsay Brooker
- Executive Director, Multi-Utilities, Environment and Circular Economy: Natalie Camilleri
- Chief Operating Officer (Acting): Laura Eadie
- Executive Director, Research & Technology: Ben Kitcher
- Director, Communication and Engagement: Justin Koek
- Executive Director (Acting), New Education and Training Model: Peter Mackey (commencing 9 August)
- Executive Director, Commercial & Economic: James Passmore
- Chief City Co-ordinator: Tim Poole
- Head of Masterplanning & Development: Anne Skewes